Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Why I love twitter (Stacey is a knob)

The Stacey is a knob bit is an ode to one of the coolest people I know. Let us spend more time together and be mean girls.

Twitter is just super. I didn't join till 25 October 2010 which makes me a late starter. That is 562 days from the time of writing this. I have done 11088 tweets so that's around 19.7 tweets per day.

Facts and figures out the way twitter is great. It puts you in touch with like minded people who ordinarily you wouldn't get a chance to speak with. It's a place to speak your mind without fear of a verbal gang raping, as the people who follow have chosen to follow you for a reason, that being they are interested in what you have to say and have similar points of view.

I have 'Internet met' some people who have been so kind to me. People who have seemed genuinely concerned about my well being. Sending me lovely little DMs when I am having a down day and letting it out in spite filled tweets.

On twitter you don't see any of the faceyb 'look at me' because you just don't follow them people. Faceyb makes it awkward, even socially unacceptable to not accept a friend request from someone you kinda know. On twitter there are a lot of these acquaintances and I choose not to follow them as what they are saying is not really of interest to me. That's not to say it isn't interesting so let's not jump on that bandwagon, it's just not for me.

Those of you know me well enough will know I met the sexiest man in the whole entire universe ever via twitter. He is now all mine which is a uber yay. Please if you know who #blueeyes is don't reveal it cos that would make you not just a bellend but a colossal bellend.

Twitter is usually quicker than most news agencies to report on current affairs. And no matter where in the world news is being reported you can put money on it people will live tweet from the scene and probably have more facts than the media, sorry Reuters.

I'm going to carry on tweeting which sometimes just feels like talking into the air but, like tattooing, I think it's good for the soul. Getting them things off your chest.

So a favourite of mine repeated from a rant I had earlier this year called "why I hate Facebook"
"MAY YOUR LIFE ONE DAY BE AS AWESOME AS YOU MAKE IT OUT TO BE ON FACEBOOK"

XOXO

@dougalmct

No comments:

Post a Comment