Thursday, July 5, 2012

Custom art not stolen art

Today, purely by accident, I found that someone had copied a tattoo of mine. It was the exact same tattoo, even down to the colours.

All my tattoos (except the black spikey thing are custom).

The artist (some douche in norway) has to take the blame here. He has either completely ripped it off himself or has been lazy when someone showed him a picture of it as inspiration and didn't bother to put his own spin on it.

At first I didn't know whether to be flattered or fucked off. I thought it through, I'm fucked off. By all means use my tattoos as inspiration for your own or to seek out the artists that did them for your own custom piece. Do not copy them though. They are mine. The art was done by the artists for me.

When you are out there on the Internet looking for inspiration make sure that is all you are looking for. Don't print out a picture and say 'I want that'. To get the best tattoo talk to your artist tell them what you like and then let them run with it. They are the professionals.

I feel this was a but ranty so here are some cool pics some cool people did of me. They make me happy.

You lot make me happy too.

Kisses and strawberry jam
Andy Rocketeer art
Me by the beautiful alex

2 comments:

  1. Some people have no imagination & resort to duplication of others, then justify it by saying "Imitation is the highest form of flattery"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I would mind so much if they had used it for inspiration not imitation.

      Delete